• Have hair grown out at least TWO TO THREE WEEKS. Hair growth is very important as the sugar paste won’t be able to extract hair if it’s too short. It’s ideal to get sugared 2 weeks after your last shave or 1 month after your last sugaring session.
• USE EXTREME CAUTION: The following products can make your skin more sensitive – Oral Antibiotics, Topical Antibiotics, Acne Medications, and Retinol. Don’t take Accutane pills for 6 months prior to sugaring or use topical retinoids (on the area to be sugared) for at least 1 week prior to your session.
• HYDRATE well the day before and day of each and every appointment.
• Exfoliate and moisturize regularly, but don’t exfoliate 24 hours prior to your treatment or after.
• Don’t consume caffeine or stimulants of any kind prior to sugaring.
• People are most sensitive to pain during their premenstrual and menstrual phases. It’s ideal to plan monthly sugaring for a different time of the month.
Preparing for your service
• Post-sugaring, avoid hot water, exfoliation, gym activity, saunas, jacuzzis, tight clothing, spray tans or tanning beds for 48 hours. Your skin is sensitive! Treat it nicely. For the next few days use your hands and your body wash while showering please. Sugaring does all the exfoliating work for you.